Developed by BitTorrent, Inc, µTorrent is a popular BitTorrent client that allows users to create and download torrent files including movies, videos, games, and music for free.
Since its first release on the web in 2005, µTorrent has been in rapid development, and now it has over 100 million users. µTorrent is not only the No. 1 Android torrent client app in the Google Play Store but also the No. 1 BitTorrent client on desktops throughout the world. To get the best performance, remember to switch Wifi-only mode whenever possible.
- Category: Video Players & Editors
- Developer:BitTorrent, Inc.
Uninstall the app:
1. Go to Settings menu;
2. Choose Apps or Application manager;
3. Touch the app you want to remove;
4. Press Uninstall.
۩ No speed or size limits when downloading
۩ Wifi-only mode to save on mobile data
۩ Integrated music and video players enable users to listen to music and watch video while downloading
۩ Download torrents magnet links
۩ Small RAM footprint
۩ You can create your own torrent file
۩ Delete torrents only, or both torrents and files
۩ Download licensed music and videos from BitTorrent’s partners for free
۩ Schedule speed caps for some times and days of the week
۩ Enjoy an ads-free service with the Pro version
۩ Language packs can be downloaded from its website for free
۩ Remote management
Pros & Cons
• Simplified and easy to use interface
• Small setup file with handy connection test for faster set-up
• Abundant torrent download information
• Small footprint on space and system
• cross-platform and multilingual
• Automatic hibernation, shutdown, standby, reboot, or program exit
• Annoying advertisements banners
• Must use an Internet browser to search for new torrents
• Often try to install bundled software during setup
To conclude, despite the fact that it contains annoying advertisements, μTorrent remains a useful and simple to use file downloader. It doesn't hog system resources, and it supports multiple platforms.